Okay, forget about the apparent craziness and talk about aliens, the postings this guy has about how information is controlled is spot-on. I’ll quote the most relevant parts here, but this is the source:
I’ve seen ALL of these sorts of shenanigans in the alarming greenhouse effect debate, let alone the climate alarm debate. These should be self-explanatory, for anyone who’s been part of the alarming greenhouse and climate alarm debate:
4. Above all else, those who govern seek to control what the masses accept as true, and there is nothing that they will not do in order to achieve this since it is the sole source of their power. The belief that those who govern would not brazenly manipulate knowledge simply for their own benefit is the single most important belief that supports their continued reign. This belief always leads to confusion, despair, and relentless cynicism from within the ranks of those who are controlled. Once this belief is abandoned, free will returns absolutely, and great change is inevitable.
9. “The Powers That Be” maintain their control over the masses due to the widespread belief that acceptable information must be “officially” endorsed or released by the appropriate elite. When reality does not match the information released by TPTB, tension results, and an endless cycle of cries from within the masses erupts calling for an “official” release of information that will resolve the tension. These cries for “official” information have the unintended consequence of reinforcing both the belief that TPTB have control over what is or is not acceptable, and the psychology that the masses are impotent to defy that control. TPTB never have an incentive to resolve the tension, since it is the tension itself that solidifies their position of power.
18. “The Powers That Be” have essentially unlimited resources, both financial and physical. They use these resources to monopolize the information that the masses are shown, for that is their only truly effective means of controlling what the masses believe. They know that no movement can successfully challenge this control without the dissemination of new information that contradicts the flow of stories that solidifies their power. Direct censorship never works well, for there are always attempts to circumvent it. But since any input of new information requires a minimum threshold of resources to be effective, the highest priority of “The Powers That Be” is to financially starve potentially respectable sources of dissenting information.
19. Physical bondage is always temporary, since there will always be efforts to resist it, and the effort to maintain it consumes constant and draining resources. Psychological bondage is long lasting and cost effective, since it simply requires the brainwashing of a population held in informational isolation. Brainwashing a large population involves the continual application of repetitive ideas over a long period of time. Some of these ideas are defensive and aimed at immunizing the population from the appeals of competing and dissenting informational sources. Promoting cynicism toward such sources is a key ingredient for success. Any attempt to free a population subject to brainwashing will require a sustained effort over a long stretch of time, necessitating ongoing financial and physical resources.
20. The contemporary practice that utilizes the masses themselves to act as censors of dissenting information was initiated in the 1950s. Typically, individuals (called “seeders”) are strategically placed in any audience listening to a potentially threatening alternate information source. The job of seeders is to consistently challenge the purpose and accuracy of the information source (a process known as “cheerleading”) until authentic and well-meaning members of the audience begin to repeat the challenges by themselves. The strategically placed individuals are then withdrawn, leaving no evidence of mass manipulation. Honest critics in the audience vehemently deny the existence of strategic attacks, unwittingly covering the tracks of the seeders.
21. Planetary change can only come about through the widespread exchange of new information and new ideas among the masses. “The Powers That Be” obviously know this, and efforts will always be made to disrupt positive and transformative discussions that could lead to revolutionary awakening. “Seeders” and “cheerleading” are crucial elements in these disruptive efforts. The only way for a dissenting person or organization to circumvent such disruptive efforts is to avoid utilizing single or highly centralized venues for voicing public opinion and discussion. That is, the masses themselves must assume the responsibility for forming and maintaining diverse and decentralized positive discussion venues. It is not possible to disrupt discussion venues when there are many, all monitored by their own members.
22. Beware of “flytrap” organizations, media outlets, and people. When people become interested in new ideas that may threaten the credibility of an established authority in the eyes of the masses, the role of “flytraps” is to lead such people into unproductive settings. “Flytraps” spin your wheels, but you don’t go anywhere. You can discover a “flytrap” by trusting your feelings, your intuitions. If you feel a “pinch” or a sense of being restricted, then the organization, media outlet, or people are probably part of a “flytrap.” If you feel exuberant with the thrill of discovery and new ideas, then there may be some real value in interacting in that setting. Trust your feelings. They are your only real guide to a truly self-determined future.
This is getting is getting difficult here to distinguish “you” from your minders?
Your #4, #5, and #18, Are the definition of Government! Nothing new!
#19, #20, #21 Completely from the swamp pit of your minders, the current opposition of whatever, current government, just as bad! Nothing new!
#22 Seems like Joseph Postma.
Joseph, How can you tell if “you” are on “your path”, rather than the path of “others”?
Please tell whatever you have! I cannot tell, I have only middle finger up in the air, wondering down “my path”!
Maybe, somewhere in another plane of existence, Michael Crichton is thinking “I told you so…” 🙂
Pingback: These items caught my eye – 15 March 2014 | grumpydenier
Hi Joseph Postma,
Perhaps you might enjoy this particular book. It is freely downloadable from the Ludwig Von Mises website and is a rational exposition of the current paradigm we find ourselves in, & also includes what amounts to a convincing solution.
Click to access marketforliberty.pdf