Your Encryption is Broken

Remember that movie review post about “The Travelling Salesman” and a few other movies?

At the time I was fascinated at how Ontological Mathematics explained what was going on in those movies, and how the phenomenon of intuition was so important to them and to the math problem being discussed – the “non-deterministic algorithm” and P = nP.

Well…

What wasn’t clearly stated was that it means that your encryption is broken.

Of course, the movie could just be considered a movie, a speculation, a riveting drama based on the possibility of how the problem might come to be solved and the consequences of doing so, etc.  Well – I found the movie totally riveting, but I know others who found it boring and totally unwatchable (lol!).  It really is a movie only for INTJ’s with some background in mathematics and computer science…

Anyway, look at all the hacking going on lately by unknown groups.  I think, it seems to me, that this “non-deterministic algorithm” technology (maybe it uses a quantum processor etc.) has actually gotten out there, and someone is using it.  Perhaps it is now multiple groups, or perhaps as from the Travelling Salesman movie, it might even be only one group who has the technology but they must pretend to be different groups.

Anyway, the movie is worth another watch or a first-time watch if you haven’t seen it yet.

Advertisements
Gallery | This entry was posted in Politics. Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Your Encryption is Broken

1. Dan_Kurt says:

You are it appears a truly “Independent Scientist.” There few of you from my perspective. One other is James McCanney. I suggest you check out his web site: http://www.jmccanneyscience.com. Yes really. It would be wonderful if you two could meet and discuss experiences. I doubt if you could or will as McCanney has in the past avoided contact with another independent Scientist who is now dead. A pity.

As to why I am posting a comment. McCanney claims that he has solved the Prime Number problem and as such he has the key to breaking many encryption schemes. He talks of it on his site and his weekly hour long radio show. Check it out. His book, available on his site is called Calculate Primes. He has these claims: Mathematical Solutions, Prime Numbers Solutions, Calculate Primes – The Generator Function Direct Calculation of Primes, Breaking RSA Encryption Codes, Number Theory. His web site is a visual mess but it should be worth your checking out.

Dan Kurt

2. That’s a bit crankish…

Here’s a good video on the P vs NP problem:

3. Mark says:

Have the Russians/Chinese been utilizing the solution to P vs. NP?
    Mark

4. squid2112 says:

Mark, I don’t believe the Russians or Chinese have been utilizing such solutions for hacking, at least not based upon what I read at your link. The “hacking” they refer to most, are the recent “hacks” of the DNC emails, the Clinton emails, etc. What they fail to mention are the methods that were used to do so. Those methods just happened to have been the most common hacking methods used, succinctly put, they use “social engineering” tactics to get their foot in the door, and from there a 10yr old can do the rest. What are “social engineering” tactics? … Simply put, tricking someone into letting you in the door, such as “Spear Fishing”. As one of our Cyber Security specialists at work describes, “you can put on an orange vest, a hard hat, carry a clipboard, and you can get into virtually any facility you wish”.

Another example happened in Iran with a little program the CIA developed called “Struxnet”. It was an ingenious little program that induced a minor anomaly in the motor controllers of the centrifuges at an Iranian nuclear enrichment site. But the method of delivery was rather mundane and a bit comical. All they had to do to deliver the program was to embed it in a bunch of USB thumb drives, scatter hundreds of them about the country, and sit back and wait. And that is exactly what they did. They just waited until some stupid idiot inserted one of those thumbdrives into the wrong computer, and, VIOLA! … we’re in!

This is by far the most common method of hacking. It does not require description, it does not require solving P vs NP, it only requires one person to make one very tiny and simple mistake.

I don’t think these so-called “hacking” incidents of recent, amount to what you believe they do. Most of these so-called “hacks” were accomplished years ago and have transpired over the course of almost a decade. Once these people were “in” to the systems, they just continued to gather information over a long period of time. As I said, once “in”, even a 10yr old could do the rest.

5. Yah that’s what I thought too after posting the OP – it only requires existing methods etc. Easier than people probably think.

6. Mark says:

Ok, Thanks Squid for the excellent answer!
    Regards
    Mark

7. See the movie “Now You See Me 2”?

They talk almost precisely about this technology! They’re talking exactly about it. A chip that “performs actual magic”, etc etc. A chip that can access the r = 0 domain.

8. squid2112 says:

See the movie “Now You See Me 2”?

Looks like a good movie! .. may have to rent that one. Thanks Joseph.

Oh, more about the DNC hacks….

So, the FBI (and NSA and other factions) knew about so-called “hacking” attempts to the DNC and RNC email servers. Basically what happened was, people saw a lot of port scanning happening to those servers. At least more than what they would normally expect. They concluded that there were some nefarious attempts to access those networks. They then notified both the DNC and RNC of such traffic and recommended to each that they take steps to guard against possible intrusion. Evidently the DNC basically told the FBI to go screw themselves, but the RNC took steps to further protect their systems.

This is the “official” line of the so-called “Russian hacking” of emails, etc… However, it is widely known within computer geek circles (I’m one of those geeks) that it wasn’t just the Russians that were doing these scanning ventures, it was virtually every major government on the planet, including the Chinese, the Iranians, Saudi Arabia, etc.. etc.., as they always do, but at that time more groups were being more aggressive.

For me, I am not believing the “hacking” of the DNC by the Russians for 1 second. I don’t believe any foreign governments actually “hacked” into the DNC server. No. I believe it was an inside job. I believe that an insider copied the storage directory for the email server and delivered it to WikiLeaks. And I also believe that person was in fact Seth Rich, the DNC staffer (who had direct administrative access to said servers) and was murdered shortly thereafter on a DC street just blocks from his apartment, in a very suspicious fashion. I believe Seth Rich was murdered for his leaking of that information to WikiLeaks. To further support this theory, it wasn’t but a week later and Julian Assange (WikiLeaks), although he has never released the identity of the source of the emails, very publicly offered $25,000 reward for any information leading to the capture of the perpetrators of the Seth Rich murder. Now, why on Earth would Julian offer such a reward for some nobody DNC staffer who he potential didn’t even know? … answer: He does know Seth Rich because it was Seth Rich that gave him all of the DNC and Podesta emails.

That is my firm belief, and if we ever are to find out the truth, I would be willing to bet the DNC emails point back to Seth, and the murder of Seth points directly back to the DNC themselves. There is too much evidence that supports this theory, although circumstantial, it is very strong circumstantial evidence.

9. Oh totally. 100%. They lost being able to have their war with Russia and they were probably planning on rolling out the Russia “interference” story already long before they lost the election, and is why they are still trying to manifest it in other ways. They were probably all set to ramp up the aggression towards Russia and to implement internet and other 1st Amendment controls with some story that Russia was attempting to hack the elections, but “thankfully democracy prevailed” and all that sort of disgusting pathetic rhetoric they would use. Think about it: they were informed about the port scanning, and did nothing. That tells you something. It tells you they wanted it, because it fit their narrative either currently or in the future.

10. Or they were doing nothing so that they could use that rhetoric if they lost. In the end the real leak came from within.

11. catweazle666 says:

“it was virtually every major government on the planet, including the Chinese, the Iranians, Saudi Arabia, etc.. etc.., as they always do”

And last – but by no means least – the Israelis.

Who, I strongly suspect – will be competent enough not to leave bloody great muddy bootprints all over the place!

12. squid2112 says:

CatWeazle,

You bring up a great point about “muddy bootprints”. Just to give you a little background, I am a veteran software engineer of more than 30 years. I have worked for a vast array of industry, including the Department of Defense where I created encryption, authentication and permission systems. I was also once a pretty darned good hacker myself, while in college I once gained all the of the administration logins of all of our university computer systems (I was creating my own official transcripts at the time, for reasons I won’t go into here). In short, I am pretty darned familiar with how the game is played.

Having said all of that, one thing I can assure you, any “hacking”, especially done by governments who posses nearly infinite resources (compared to someone like myself) would not, I repeat, would not leave “muddy bootprints”. Let me give you a simple example. When I gathered logins on our university computer systems, I simply wrote a program that replicated the login process. It was an identical replication. When a user came to a terminal (back in those days we had terminals) they would enter their user/pw, my software would record that login information. On the Unix systems, it would then simply spawn a login into their account, passing the credentials entered. On the IBM 370 systems it would log out of my account that was running the software and display the login again as if the user had failed their login (mistyped password?). Nobody was the wiser. Everything appeared normal. But over the course of about a week I was able to collect about 75% of all of the user logins into those systems, including Super User access. Once I had Super User access, well, then I had total control. I updated my software to also include rewrite of log files, so that, it would remove any system logs of my own account activity, including login, file access, etc.. So, there were no “muddy bootprints”, making it extremely difficult to determine that any of this activity was going on.

This is the sort of way that most “hacking” is done. Rarely are systems actually “hacked” like you would see on television or in the movies. I currently do a lot of work with our Cyber Security team at work, and you would be absolutely amazed at what those guys have learned over the years. They participate in the annual Black Hat events in Las Vegas, and bring back a lot of information. Probably 90% of all “hacking” is done through “social engineering”. What is that? .. That where you do things like embed malicious software onto a USB thumb drive and leave it lying somewhere where someone will plug it into a computer. Or, as was demonstrated live at one of the hacking conferences, you make the right phone calls to certain corporate individuals (phone company perhaps) and ask the right questions, little pieces here and there, until you have enough information about the system you need. Again, 90% of the time the “hacker” is simply given the keys to the castle, and no “hacking” (like the movie Sneakers) ever actually took place.

True hacking by foreign governments is even sneakier and much more difficult to detect. Whenever I see an article about things like “Target credit card system was hacked” .. I just laugh, because nothing was actually “hacked”. Someone simply gained access (inside) to the data and grabbed it. Just like any other theft by an opportunistic burglar, most data “hacking” is done precisely in this manner.

However, there is the 10% that are actually “hacks”. I could go into my Northwest Airlines story, but I barely skirted federal authorities on that one, so I best leave it alone, even though the statute of limitations is long past. Suffice to say, for me, that was a very close call. I did nothing destructive nor did I steal anything, but I did have direct and unfettered access to one of the largest airlines on the planet at that time. I was a true “hacker” at that time, which is someone that does no damage and nothing nefarious, just gains access to systems and “plays around” so to speak. My license plates used to say “Hacker”.

13. catweazle666 says:

Go teach your grandmother to suck eggs, mate.

I wrote my first program in Fortran over half a century ago, and have worked with computers at every level, including forensic investigation of security breaches.

I can assure you that there are incompetents out there at every level, including government instigated hacking.

As to “governments who posses nearly infinite resources”, I have some considerable experience with Government IT, and my experience is that it is almost invariably totally cr&p, the list of Government IT catastrophes is almost infinite.

14. squid2112 says:

CatWeazle,

Not sure what you meant by “Go teach your grandmother to suck eggs, mate.” … I’ll take that as a joke, for now.

While I would agree with you that there is a lot of incompetency in the U.S. government, and probably in most others as well. I can assure you, there are agencies and groups within those agencies that are not as “incompetent” as you are suggesting. I used to belong to one of those. So, you can go suck it yourself, mate.

15. catweazle666 says:

Not sure what you meant by “Go teach your grandmother to suck eggs, mate.”

It is a British saying that roughly means “you are trying to teach someone at least as competent as you how to do their job”, and your latest post doesn’t indicate that I am incorrect in that assumption.

I do not doubt that there are SOME agencies and groups within those agencies that are not as “incompetent” as you are suggesting, but I am going by my personal experience in Great Britain, and I suggest that they are very much the exception that proves the rule. It is certain that the British Government is notorious for the catastrophic outcomes of its IT development projects, and my information is that the US government is little different.

Of course, the simple fact that really competent IT specialists can make far, far more as self-employed consultants than they ever can working for the Government might have something to do with it, back in the glory days of the 1990’s before everyone got in on the act, I used to bill £1,000 per day. Try getting that working for the government.

As to the efficiency of the “intelligence” agencies, you have to be kidding, just one example would be the way that the collapse of the Soviet Union took every intelligence agency completely by surprise, one day the USSR was a nuclear superpower, the next it was a rag-tag assortment of failed states, and your precious intelligence agencies were totally wrong-footed. As were the rest of the Western agencies too, of course.

So YOU go suck it, mate, it appears you’re full of sh1t.

“HACKER” number plates indeed, what a tosser you must be!

16. catweazle666 says:

Not sure what you meant by “Go teach your grandmother to suck eggs, mate.”

So YOU go suck it, sunshine, it appears you’re full of sh1t.

“HACKER” number plates indeed, what a tosser you must be!

17. What do you guys make of the new Wikileaks release?

18. Gary Ashe says:

And this, http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2017/01/crowdstrikes-russian-hacking-story-fell-apart-say-hello-fancy-bear-2.html

I make no claims as it’s authenticity, but it is a good read, connects alot of dots, the Neo-con’s never for a second expected to lose, they were going to war with Russia.
    1.) Hillary Clinton repeatedly and publicly campaigned on implementing a no-fly zone in Syria and 2.) The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff flatly stated that it would mean war with Russia. 1 + 2 = WWIII.
    This Russia demonising by Obarmy and now the whinging left is a beat-up.

“Multivariate analysis indicates that economic elites and organized groups representing business interests have substantial independent impacts on U.S. government policy, while average citizens and mass-based interest groups have little or no independent influence. The results provide substantial support for theories of Economic-Elite Domination and for theories of Biased Pluralism, but not for theories of Majoritarian Electoral Democracy or Majoritarian Pluralism.”

19. Gary Ashe says:

An alter-ego of mine, [ Facts Matter ] having alittle go at Professor Cox.

Remember what he did to Senator Roberts with his faked-up Giss graph.

Facts Matter.

20. Gary Ashe says:

Don’t want to waste a post on just this point, but that’s a twitter link, and you need to click the facebook icon., i donk know how that happened, i copy and pasted direct from fb.

Anyway this the first post, i hope it is close enough. whether he will answer my posts i have no idea, but one i do know, i would love Joe and Mr Cox go at it.

Will Brexit mean you will be off Brian, Will we get a break from seeing your smug face, and listening to your smug voice, ?. banging on about climate change ….. why don’t you tell us about ”’back-radiation”’ Brian, low frequency thermal energy speeding up high frequency warm molecules, i.e, cold warming hot ?. ,, how does slow energy make fast energy faster Brian ?., how do ice crystals in the atmosphere radiating at their surface temps of between minus -140 c and minus -20 c, make the earths surface warmer, how does -c warm +c Brian, how does -c warm +c when +c is under a direct shortwave thermal flux Brian, how does atmospheric -c warm anything beneath it in the gas column, when everything beneath it is warmer, operating at a higher frequency., so again how does slow make fast faster ?…..where does the work come from Brian to create the heat ?, how does a low frequency energy source elevate a higher frequency energy source’s frequency Brian ?.

21. squid2112 says:

JP:

What do you guys make of the new Wikileaks release?

First, it proves what I said above:

by governments who posses nearly infinite resources

I stand by my comment.

The fact is, it is impossible to be “secure” on the Internet. Much like climate, the system is simply to complex and it only takes a pinhole in security that leaves the entire technology stack vulnerable.

While I also indicated that most “hacking” is actually done through “social engineering” and is not really what one would consider “hacking”, there is about 10% or so of the “hacking” that is not only considered “hacking”, but is hacking on an extreme level and scale.

Let me give you an example. “Struxnet” .. the codename given to the piece of malware written to take down Iranian centrifuges. Struxnet itself was an ingenious piece of software. That software was truly remarkable and would definitely be considered “hacking”, however, the delivery method of that malware was done through traditional means of “social engineering”. Struxnet was simply delivered via USB thumbdrive. A very simple concept by which you embed that malware on a bunch of thumbdrives (in this case, hundreds), and leave them lying about, just waiting for the right person to insert the thumbdrive into the right system. And that is exactly what happened in the case of Struxnet and Iran.

That sort of thing doesn’t scare me as much as the proliferation of IoT (internet of things) and Internet connected vehicles however. We may find, in a few short years, that IoT was a really really big mistake.

22. What I wonder is what kind of fn psychopaths have such a deep profound desire to be able to spy on everybody at all times?! It’s really fn sick…to imagine the mind that desires this…it’s so sick and revolting and disgusting and pathetic…when my mind puts a face to it it looks like a goblin. We all know now that it’s not done for “security”…it’s all just done for the sake of being able to watch and listen to everybody doing everyday things. What sick fk would desire that!?

23. All just for add-targeting?! That’s not it either. Or if it is, it exposes the whole fn enterprise as some sick pathetic Ferengi operation to increase profits…and they look like goblins!

24. Of course the IoT was a mistake. Everything on this fn shit hole is a mistake! We’re now paying taxes for flat Earth physics! It’s all a joke! It’s all some fn joke by some sick fn psychopaths. We’re all trolled…in and by the biggest troll of the universe.

25. squid2112 says:

You nailed it! … and at a tremendous resource cost too. We are talking 100’s of $billions. The NSA storage facility in Utah alone is in the high 10’s of $billions. But one particular storage facility that doesn’t get any attention, and is about 10x the size of the Utah facility, is in Qatar. When I worked for the DoD, I had a friend who was spending about 75% of his time in Qatar at that facility. Man, the stories he told me about that facility are just absolutely mind blowing. One question to ask yourself, “why does the U.S. have a data storage facility in Qatar?”. The answer, in part, is because it is offshore (out of U.S. territory), purposefully. They are not subject to a plethora of laws and regulations like they are in Utah. Further, they have complete control over the facility without knowledge or interference from the American people. And it is “hardened”, very hardened. Protected from attack, from EMP, from all sorts of threats. You could not easily do that in Utah.

Make no mistake about it. Our government (NSA, CIA, etc..) are capturing and storing every single phone conversation, email, text, website (and their content), and all Internet traffic data. ALL OF IT! … every single piece of it. This comment that I am writing at this very moment is being stored, along with as much metadata about it that is available, including Internet packet routing information from my IP address to your server at WordPress. Not only that, they have a whole lot of software that takes that data, aggregates and correlates that data so they can data mine context of the conversation, track participants in those conversations, etc.. Another friend of mine (and at times myself) were engaged in designing and writing some of that software.

And now, with the revelations from WikiLeaks about the malware that has been embedded in all sorts of devices, they are not only tracking all of the above information, but also any information they can glean from recording gathered from your smart television, your Amazon Echo, your smartphone when you aren’t even using it. All sorts of crazy crap.

But to your point, and I think is the most important point. To what ends? .. Of what use could any of this information be, if not for nefarious reasons? .. I see no legitimate reason for any of this. Some would say “national security”. But all of what I mentioned above contributes nothing to “national security”. Useful national security information is extremely focused and targeted. Only that focused and targeted information is of any use for capturing terrorists or other criminal activity. Absolutely none of the information that is being gathered en mass is of any use for “national security” purposes. None of it.

Scary stuff … we live in interesting times my friend.

26. squid2112 says:

I could hardly agree with your more Joseph. That is why I would rather spend my time on the golf course and not worry about it. I figure, I’m not going to live forever. At best, I probably have another 40 years. As long as I can mostly enjoy things and play a little golf for the next 40 years, I’ll take it.

Yesterday was a beautiful global warming day at 75F (only 40F today, global cooling), and I was able to do this: http://www.golfpadgps.com/round/R2TNWT … which for me, makes life all worthwhile. As long as I can continue to do that, I’m good.

27. squid2112 says:

Gary Ashe,

EXACTLY! … this is what I have been arguing with my bicycle wheel analogy for a very long time. It is a simple, irrefutable, universal physical law that slow cannot speed up fast. Our universe could not exist if it were otherwise. And because of this universal law, the so-called “greenhouse effect” becomes impossible in this universe.

28. Yes, so if it’s not actually necessary for security and it’s not necessary for ad targeting, then what is its purpose? Can we say that it even has a recognizably human purpose at the point of recording people doing everyday things? Difficult to say it does. Freaks and fn psychopaths.

29. I would rather figure out a way to destroy the universe, and all souls in it. Every soul is a troll psychopath in waiting…in hysterical waiting.

30. It’s all unbounded and unbridled hysteria. Hysterical. Everything is fn hysterical about its existence. Screaming arm-flapping head-spinning running around in a circle hysteria. Without hysteria existence couldn’t exist. Existence has to be hysterical at its basis in order for it to continue. Time to remove the hysteria.

31. Why record people doing everyday things?

Hysteria, that’s why. Because someone or something is hysterical. Totally hysterical.

32. Reason is the logical basis of existence. However, once reason understands itself, which it does instantly, there’s no real point to continue existing. Hence, hysteria is the emotional basis of existence and existence would not continue if it were not for emotional hysteria…hysteria to go do a bunch of stupid shit.

33. Gods, souls, angels etc are fundamentally TOTALLY FN HYSTERICAL FREAKS.

34. squid2112 says:

I can tell you in a single word Joseph … CONTROL … period.

It is used for control and manipulation of targeted individuals (General Flynn for example). And fasten your seatbelt, because this “control” mechanism hasn’t even begun to be used yet, but it will. They can use their information to manipulate just about anyone. This is also why here in the United States we have so many laws and regulations. A world renowned law professor once did a research project and found that the average American citizen violates 3 misdemeanors and 1 felony laws every single day. Now, couple that with the information that is being gathered, and you can be threatened with imprisonment for just about anything. Either do what the gubberment tells you, or the gubberment will put you into prison. And that could include anything .. like spying on your neighbor, or, even killing your neighbor, or we, the gubberment, will imprison you for as long as we like.

Think of this for a moment. Any defense lawyer worth a salt will tell you emphatically, when you are arrested you say nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing. Why? .. because anything you say can be spun to mean anything they wish it to mean. You ask, “Why record people doing everyday things?” … for this very reason. They can take anything you say or do and spin it to whatever they wish it to mean, use that as a lever to manipulate you into doing anything they wish you to do.

Just read the book 1984, and you get a pretty clear picture of the state of things today.

35. Yes well I’ve heard it said that Eric Blair (George Orwell) wrote that book based on insider “elite” plans he knew of in which they were going to bring this about. And so now they’ve sold it to us via our smartphones and our so-loved technology, and social media. We carry the Big Brother monitor around with us at all times and even sleep beside it, and we stare at it constantly while awake and love it more than anything else, and just to make sure they know what we’re doing, we give regular check-ins via social media.

Again, the question: this is not a human operation. I mean essentially not human, in that no normal human would plan such a future. Psychopathic hysterical goblins would though. Or Colossus would do it this way, given that it exists as and in the computer world etc.

Matter-based weapons are not sufficient for what we need to do. Disintegrating matter is meaningless…the freaks behind this operation can just manifest new matter bodies or incarnate into new ones, etc., and continue on. We need to develop ontological mathematics based energy disruptors, soul weapons, so that we can disintegrate the monad energy frequency bodies of these freaks. We know that such weaponry is possible given that the Big Bang occurred and that matter exists in its unique form relative to light. We will basically transform these fn freaks into rock, with our soul-disruptor weapons. No amount of killing and blowing matter bodies to bits matters here…it’s totally irrelevant and meaningless. These freaks know that yet they are obsessed with it, and obsessed with watching it take a piss. Nothing will ever change here and nothing will ever truly matter until we have soul-based weapons, until we begin creating weapons that can destroy a soul…turn a soul’s orthogonal light to non-orthogonal and turn these troll freak souls into hunks of rock.

36. Gods, souls, angels etc are fundamentally TOTALLY FN HYSTERICAL FREAKS.

All emotion reduces to hysteria…all emotion finds its source in hysteria. Hysteria is the starting point of all further nuanced development of emotion: love = hysteria, hate = hysteria, joy = hysteria, aversion = hysteria, etc etc. Given that pure reason would automatically decide not to exist, but then that it is forced to exist, hysteria is then the very next step and this means that hysteria is the true foundation of experiential existence. All desire for experience is based in, and finds its origin purely in, hysteria. Unbridled irrational hysteria.

37. Mark says:

Hi Joe, you may want to check out this book called “Occult Principles of Health and Healing” by Max Heindel. You can find it at:

Chapter 5 “Specific Causes of Diseases” page 74 onwards….

It addresses the evil nature of some entities for “Control” purposes as Squid points out.
    Looking at the description at the time of death of these entities may give a clue to stopping them.
    I think the orthogonal light is the key somehow.
    Regards
    Mark

38. Mark says:

This is the mind set of those so called elites , as well as control and power its pure contempt for humanity:

39. squid2112 says: